Card Class is really improving the overall look of my cards. Tuesdays are my favorite because the focus is on technique. The technique I tried out today is die cutting several layers of butterflies on patterned paper and vellum then “fluffing” the layers of wings to look like they are lifting from the page. The background teal print I chose was rather bold, so I softened it with vellum which I intended to stitch to the background with my machine. Unfortunately, and unsurprisingly to my family, my sewing machine and I had a disagreement so no stitching.
I hand-cut the branch on the left. It’s the first time I’ve attempted that. It’s acceptable. I used an embossing pen then clear-embossed the tree to add a little variation. The photo shows a little shiny something below the tree branch that isn’t apparent in person. Except for that and the argument lost to the sewing machine, I’m really pleased with the card.