Well, I tried to make a shaker card for Summer Card Camp 2. It was a great idea and a valiant attempt. Unfortunately, all I got in the end was a beautiful mess. Since I did not have any foam to use as a spacer, I tried cutting out several layers of cardboard from a microwave popcorn box. An epic fail. The die cut through the packaging beautifully, but somewhere between layering and gluing the finished spacer onto the card, things got a bit wonky. Those beads all over my desk? Yeah. They started off inside the shaker. There was just too much warping from the wet glue on the cardboard.
I will try this again. Next time, though, I will be patient. I started this project and adapted to supplies on hand, which could be considered creative. This time I was impatient to give it a try and knew I wouldn’t get to the store for foam, so I gave it a shot. I learned a lot about materials and technique through this attempt. Though my project is a disaster, the experiment was not. It was frustrating, rewarding, and overall just plain fun to try. When I get one right, I’ll be sure to post.
Now. . . off to the grocery store. I’d rather be crafting, but my husband says eating is important, too. Go figure.